How to Use the Escrow Service:
- Once the renter and rentee have an agreement on the price, both parties need to determine that they wish to use First American Title Insurance Co.'s vacation rental escrow service.
- The timeshare owner will complete the online Rental Agreement and Escrow Instructions.
- The renter will receive an e-mail from First American Title with a link to the agreement started by the owner. He then reviews and completes the application information submitting it to the title company.
- First American Title will contact both parties to collect a non-refundable escrow fee from each of them. AT this time, the renter pays 50% of the rental fee as a deposit if more than 60 days remain before check-in, or 100% of the rental fee if there are fewer than 60 days before check-in.
- 60 days prior to start of vacation, the renter will make the final 50% payment to First American Title, if that did not already occur upon opening of escrow.
- The owner will receive a check from First American Title approximately 11 days after the last day of the rental period, provided there have been no material disputes filed by the renter.
- $100 for rental price of $0 - $1,000
- $150 for rental price of $1,001 - $2,000
- $200 for rental price of $2,001 +
If you prefer to talk to someone via phone, you can reach the First American Title Insurance Transfer/Rental Department at: Phone: 866-639-9203 (toll-free from U.S. only); 702-792-6863 (outside U.S.)