When you rent a timeshare in Arizona in March, you'll have pleasantly warm weather, budget prices, and the awakening from its long dormant sleep of the Cactus League. Sister to Florida's Grapefruit League, the only other spring training league in the country, the Cactus League consists of 15 major league teams, all of which practice within close proximity of each other.
Whereas the major league teams that make up Florida's Grapefruit League actually have spring training practice in venues scattered all across the state, 12 of the Cactus League teams practice in the metro Phoenix area, and the other 3 work out in Tucson. Thus, for any baseball fan looking to get a jump start on the season, the Cactus League offers a veritable smorgasbord of teams and games all within hand's reach.
The Cactus League spring training attracts more than 1 million fans annually, so you need to plan ahead in reserving your stadium seats. Below is a partial list of the teams in the Cactus League, and the stadiums in which they play:
- Milwaukee Brewers - Maryvale Baseball Park, Phoenix
- Seattle Mariners and San Diego Padres - Peoria Sports Complex, Peoria (metro-Phoenix)
- San Francisco Giants - Scottsdale Stadium, Scottsdale (metro-Phoenix)
- Chicago Cubs - HoHoKam Park, Mesa (metro-Phoenix)
- Texas Rangers and Kansas City Royals - Surprise Stadium, Surprise (metro-Phoenix)
- Oakland A's - Phoenix Municipal Stadium, Phoenix
- Los Angeles Angels - Tempe Diablo Stadium, Tempe (metro-Phoenix)
Marriott's Canyon Villas at Desert Ridge in Phoenix has March timeshare rentals starting at just $129/night. The Painted Mountain Golf Resort in Mesa can give you a March timeshare rental for $121/night. March timeshare rentals at the Cibola Vista Resort and Spa in Peoria start at $93/night, and you can find a March timeshare rental for just $91/night in Scottsdale at the Orange Tree Golf Resort.
(Photo credit - cactusleague.com)