- Newport, Rhode Island. This tiny state offers rugged beaches, sailing regattas, summer festivals, and the International Tennis Hall of Fame which has enshrined 186 inductees since 1954. You can also take a break to tour the 70-room "The Breakers," once the summer home of Cornelius Vanderbilt II, and one of several impressive Newport mansions from the Golden Era that are open to the public. Check out Rhode Island timeshare rentals.
- Palm Springs, California. Once known as the "Playground of the Stars," this resort area is pristine this time of year, the warm desert floor surrounded as it is with beautiful snow-capped peaks. For lovers of golf there's no better place to go for Memorial Day - here you have an astounding 80 public golf courses from which to choose. Check out Palm Springs timeshare rentals.
- Burlington, Vermont. Well, first of all, of course, this is home to Ben & Jerry's. The legendary ice cream company offers daily tours of its famous factory, and includes a sample of Cherry Garcia. Then you can watch baseball the way it should be, the old-fashioned way, up close and personal, as you root for the the Vermont Lake Monsters in historic Centennial Field, located on the campus of the University of Vermont. The park is one of the oldest still in use in professional baseball. Check out Vermont timeshare rentals.
- Sedona, Arizona. Sedona's breathtaking mountain vistas and red rock formations offer plenty of outdoor activities to keep you happily busy on your Memorial Day vacation. Choose from hiking, biking, the natural waterpark of Slide Rock State Park, or even big-game watching at the Out of Africa Wildlife. Check out Sedona timeshare rentals.
- Lake Tahoe, Nevada/California. This gigantic freshwater alpine lake is one of the most popular Memorial Day vacation destinations in the country, thanks to its unsurpassed hiking, mountain biking, and boating opportunities. From yachting to parasailing to windsurfing, there's plenty to do out on the lake. If you prefer to stay dry, try the hundreds of miles of spectacular backcountry hiking and biking trails. A favorite is the Tahoe Rim Trail (see photo), a 165-mile path along the ridge of the Lake Tahoe Basin, offering dazzling views of the lake and surrounding mountain peaks. Oh, and of course - don't forget the gambling casinos on the Nevada side, including world-famous Harrah's. Check out Tahoe timeshare rentals.
(Photo Credit - bikecarson.com)