Do you have questions about timeshare whole weeks vs. timeshare points? You’re not the only one. Our own Timeshare Crusader, Lisa Ann Schreier, talked about this issue in RedWeek’s October newsletter. In case you missed it, we are reprinting her article here to help shed light on this complicated subject:
The whole weeks versus points issue can be confusing. In evaluating which is better for your specific needs, I would start off by asking yourself the following questions:
1. Do you plan on using the timeshare at the home resort or to exchange?
2. Are you able to plan very far in advance or with very short notice?
3. Are you willing to put in some "extra time" in planning and getting to really know the timeshare rules?
Here's my advice based on your answers:
1. If you are looking to use the timeshare more at the home resort, I would suggest weeks.
2. If you are able to plan very far in advance or with very short notice, I would suggest points.
3. If you are willing to put in the time, points may be the way to go.
However, there are differences between all the point systems, further confusing the issues. Disney Vacation Club points don't equate in any way to Marriott Vacation Club points for instance.
Continue to read the forums; you'll find all sorts of great advice and comments. Also, stay tuned to RedWeek.com for future news… without saying too much, we may be able to offer you some really useful services in the near future.
Oh, and one more thing, if you are looking to purchase RCI points and are thinking of using them to trade or exchange, you might want to look at getting the most points you need at the lowest annual fees.
Thanks and happy travels!