However, getting to that timeshare destination can often mean enduring a long flight, often with airport layovers. So give them gifts of luxurious comfort and convenience – after all, they’ll expect nothing less. Associated Press travel editor Beth J. Harpaz offers these 7 top gift suggestions:
1. Noise-Cancelling Head Phones. For music lovers, how about upgrading flimsy earbuds to a set of headphones? While top-pick Bose headphones are pricey, Consumer Reports also gives high ratings to many models under $100, including headphones from Able Planet, JVC and Audio-Technica.
2. Travel Pillow. Here is comfort with a twist – a neck pillow with built-in speakers. It plugs into an MP3 player or iPod. The speakers are inside the U-shaped pillow so they sit beneath your chin on either side. You can hear the music without disturbing the person sitting next to you.
3. Packing Cubes. (see photo) Typically made from lightweight fabrics with zippers, packing cubes come in various sizes designed to fit inside luggage. They not only compress clothing so you can fit more in, but also make it easy to organize belongings. If checked luggage exceeds weight restrictions, a cube can be removed and carried.
4. Personal Care. This can include things such as the Air Repair skin care kit, which includes cleansers and moisturizers; garment care items like The Laundress Crease Release spray; and the Go Smile kit that has toothpastes and fold-up toothbrush.
5. Comfy Legs. Socks with treads, soft washable slippers or compression socks can make flights more bearable. A lift underfoot while seated can also make a long flight more comfortable. Portable footrests come in lightweight plastic fold-up types or in an inflatable cushion style.
6. Chargers. With travelers taking more and more electronics with them, a convenient way of charging all of these gadgets is a must. There are a number of travel chargers available that can power electronics on the go, including battery-powered and solar-powered chargers that work even when you have no access to an electric outlet.
7. De-Stress. Help your travelers de-stress while en route. A gift card for XpresSpa offers manicures, pedicures, haircuts, facials, shaves, massages and other services at 46 airport spas.
RedWeek.com does not endorse this list.
Photo Credit: ebags.com