This month is the official time to "celebrate the joy your pet brings to your household." For those of you who have pets and love them as the family members they are, you don't need a "national month" to be reminded of what those little dears mean to you, but it's always fun to have an excuse for a celebration.
Since the over 82 million pet owners in the U.S. actually celebrate National Pet Month every day of the year, you'll be glad to know you can consider taking your cat or dog along with you when you vacation, by staying in a timeshare. RedWeek.com has a special "pet friendly" link under its "Features and Attractions" section, where you'll easily find pet friendly timeshares, available across the U.S. and in many parts of the world.
The American Pet Products Association (APPA) numbers indicate that the pet industry continues to grow by leaps and bounds. America’s spending on pets has grown despite the recession, with a 10.4 percent increase over the past three years.
In honor of National Pet Month, here are some more fun statistics.
- 90% of pet owners surveyed say they consider their pet a member of the family.
- 63% of dog owners and 58% of cat owners surveyed said they give their pets presents at Christmas.
- 36% of dog owners give their pets presents on their birthday, as do 20% of cat owners.
- 64% of surveyed pet owners said they include news about their pet, and 36% include a photograph, in their holiday cards.
- About a third (37%) of dog owners and a similar proportion of cat owners (31%) have their pet's picture prominently displayed in their homes, and 14% and 10%, respectively, display it at their place of work.
In the U.S. over 43 million households have at least one dog, and over 37 million households own at least one cat. That represents a lot of vacationers - and who wants to go off and leave Fido or Fluffy at home alone?
There are many pet-friendly timeshare rentals, and timeshare exchanges, too. Check them out!
Also read Timeshare Travel - The Smart Guide to Traveling with Pets Abroad