Newport, RI timeshare and explore the top 5 things to do in Newport, RI:
1. Stretch Your Legs: Once you get settled in your timeshare head over to the Cliff Walk. A leisurely stroll along the 3.5-mile dirt road will lend you a front row ocean view that breaks against the cliff rocks below. While you're out there catch a peek of the famous Newport, RI mansions that line the cliffs.
Web: Cliff Walk. Location: Start at Memorial Boulevard and walk south, Newport, RI.
2. Explore an Island: The Rose Island Lighthouse beacons you. Hop a boat over and explore the 18-acre island and discover what it was like to live like a lighthouse keeper. Insider tip: You can stay over night and be a lighthouse keeper!
Web: Rose Island Lighthouse. Location: Take the Newport-Jamestown Ferry to Rose Island, Newport, RI.
3. Discover the Birds: Pack a picnic and take a short drive over to the salty air at the Norman Bird Sanctuary. This 325-acre wildlife refuge features a pond where you can search for goslings, herons, and turtles. Nearby picnic tables offer a place to dine and soak in the view.
Web: Norman Bird Sanctuary. Location: 583 Third Beach Road, Middletown, RI.
4. Live Like a Royal: The grandest of all Newport summer homes is the world famous Breakers. The Breakers was the elaborate summer home for the Vanderbilt family. If you only have time to tour one mansion make it the Breakers. If you have more time, rent a bike or scooter and visit the mansions of your choice with pre-purchased tickets. There are several mansions to choose from.
Web: The Breakers. Location: 44 Ochre Point Ave, Newport, RI.
5. Go for a Volley: Play on the grass or enjoy the historical museum. Tennis players will love the International Tennis Hall of Fame. Walk by the showcase outdoor grass court and then head to the museum. Built in 1880, the museum inside the Hall details the history of tennis through interactive exhibits, videos, and memorabilia. If you'd rather play tennis reserve a grass court ahead of time (courts are open to members and to the general public). Insider tip: Make sure to pack and wear white if you want to play tennis on the grass courts.
Web: The International Hall of Fame. Location: 194 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI.
Discover timeshares in Newport, RI.
Photo Credit: CopyStrands