Lake Tahoe and the surrounding area offer something for everyone. In the winter, locals take to the powdery slopes. In the summer, locals take to the glassy water. There are many things to do in this outdoor playground especially in the winter. Stay in a Lake Tahoe timeshare and explore the top 5 things to do in Lake Tahoe, CA:
1. Take to the Tram: If you are headed to North Tahoe hop on the Aerial Tram and take it to High Camp at Squaw Valley. The 2,000 vertical
foot climb takes you to high camp where you top out at 8,200 feet in elevation. Panaromic views of Lake Tahoe are now before your eyes. If
you are in South Tahoe jump into the Heavenly Gondolo and take it up to the observation deck and enjoy a picnic with a breathtaking view.
The 2.4-mile ride up will leave you breathless.
Web: Squaw Valley; or Heavenly Gondola. Locations: Squaw Valley Resort: 1960 Squaw Valley Road, Olympic Valley, CA; or Heavenly Mountain: 4080 Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA.
2. Skate on Ice: Head on over to the South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena and lace up a rented pair of ice skates. Take to the glossy surface and carve
figure eights across the groomed ice. This state of the art ice skating facility is also home to The Lake Tahoe Blue Hockey Club if you want to buy tickets and watch them shoot around the puck.
Web: South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena. Location: 1176 Rufus Allen Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA.
3. Soak in a Hot Spring: Slip into the outdoor Meditation Pool at Sierra Hot Springs and enjoy a relaxing warm bath. The pool is
surrounded by tile as you step down rock steps into a soft sand bottom. Go at night and enjoy the star studded skies.
Web: Sierra Hot Springs. Location: 521 Campbell Hot Springs Road, Sierraville, CA.
4. Rev Up Your Engine: Get ready to rumble on a snowmobile with Lake Tahoe Adventures and discover a winter wonderland. Your
snowmobile has no clutch or gears making it easy for even the newest riders to master. Single or double rides are available as well. Take to the
snow and see Lake Tahoe from the front row view of a snowmobile! Web: Lake Tahoe Adventures. Location: 3071 Highway 50, South Lake Tahoe, CA.
5. Race on Snowshoes: This is your chance to head over to Camp Richardson to participate in your first ever snow shoe event with Beacon Bar & Grill's Snow Shoe Cocktail Races. The snow shoe race starts in
the evening, snow shoes are provided, and afterward you can go sip on that cocktail you earned.
Web: Cocktail Race. Location: 1900 Jameson Beach Rd., South Lake Tahoe, CA.
Discover timeshares in Lake Tahoe, California.
Photo Credit: Tahoe Chamber of Commerce
P.S. Check out nearby timeshares on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe: