Why Hyatt High Sierra Lodge is Not Just Another Ski Resort
1. LocationYou'll love the resort's stunning views of the magnificent surrounding mountains, and of the serene beauty of the lake. The location couldn't be any better for skiers. It's conveniently located right in the middle of some of the best ski areas:
- Diamond Peak: offers Alpine skiing and snow boarding. It provides the perfect learning environment for beginners as well as challenging terrain for intermediate and advanced skiers. Families appreciate Diamond Peak for the Child Ski Center (for 3 - 7 year olds).
- Alpine Meadows: has something for everyone with its more than 100 runs, 14 lifts, and over 2,400 acres. There's a kids' program, a family zone, and a "wild side" for the double-back-diamond crowd.
- Mt. Rose: Since opening the "Chutes", Mt. Rose has become the favorite of the serious Tahoe Ski scene. Still, if you are not quite a "hot dog" there are slopes for you too!
- Sierra-at-Tahoe: the third largest ski area in Tahoe with 2,000 acres of slopes from bunny to expert. There are also 4 terrain parks for boarders and skiers, and 200 acres of backcountry for steeps and deeps. Runs are wide and well groomed.
- Homewood: small and peaceful, this ski resort has 1,260 acres, 56 runs, 8 lifts, and fantastic lake views. Child care and ski school for ages 4 -12 is offered.
2. AccommodationsAfter an exhilarating day on the slopes, you'll want to relax in luxurious accommodations. High Sierra Lodge's two-bedroom, two-bath units offer just that opportunity. The units are spacious and can accommodate 6-8 people in comfort. The decor and furnishings reflect a rustic (yet luxurious) mountain cabin. Current by-owner rentals start at $171/night.
You'll get a great night's sleep in the super comfortable Hyatt Grand Bed with pillow-top mattresses in both the master bedroom suite and the guest bedroom. Most master suites also have a spa tub for ultimate relaxing. From the living area, glass doors open onto a private balcony for enjoying the spectacular views and fresh mountain air. Watch TV (there are 3 in each unit) or a DVD, while warming up in front of the stone fireplace. All units include a fully-equipped kitchen with upscale appliances.
3. AmenitiesAs a guest of the lodge, you have amenity privileges at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino right next door! You can take advantage of all the resort has to offer. For example:
- Try your luck at the Lady Luck Casino.
- Ease post-ski muscles with a deep-tissue massage at the world-class Stillwater Spa.
- Satisfy your hunger at the Stillwater Pool Bar and Grille with a Kobe burger and your favorite beverage.
- Take a cruise on the lake in one of the resort's private boats.
What Travelers Say About Hyatt High Sierra Lodge
Review from RedWeek member ballsandboards:
"Without a doubt the nicest timeshare in Lake Tahoe. Ski Season is Amazing!!!"
Review from RedWeek member lawrence37:
"We purchased a third floor unit for week 21 (gold with 1880 Hyatt points) from a listing on RedWeek. We have traded for Thanksgiving week for two years in a row and then booked several other two-day trips with our extra points. We love the setting, the restaurants, the casino, the friendly people and the great bar on the beach of Lake Tahoe. Down hill and cross-country skiing are very close. All of the units are two bedrooms and are very clean and well appointed. The kitchens are well equipped. You have access to a private pool and Jacuzzi and all of the Hyatt hotel facilities. We have a great time on the lake without the traffic and noise of the south shore."
Read all Hyatt High Sierra Lodge reviews >>