The holiday season is already in full swing, and you know what that means… it's time to start planning your New Year's getaway! After all, is there a better present for your family (or yourself!) than an escape to one of the hottest New Year's destination? RedWeek has teamed up with our owners to bring you some of the best vacation spots to ring in 2014, as well as what makes these destinations so popular...
(prices in $USD for a full week, unless otherwise noted)
Is there anywhere more iconic for New Year's than New York itself? With a selection of fantastic resorts in the area, you'll be within walking distance for the famed Times Square Ball drop, followed shortly by the fireworks in Central Park. You'll be right in the middle of the celebration; it'll be a New Year's trip to remember!
- The Manhattan Club - 1 bedroom units from $2,300. Also, there are plenty of three-night rentals from just $1,050 if you're looking for a shorter stay!
- West 57th Street by Hilton Club - Studio units from $2,500.
- The Hilton Club New York - Studio and 1 bedroom units beginning at $350/night. Please note that all rentals here are 2-4 days and perfect if you're looking for a shorter vacation!
New Year's on the Vegas strip... just try to tell me this doesn't sound like the vacation of a lifetime! The party starts at 5:00 PM when the strip closes to car traffic and everything comes alive! Many resorts are all decked out for the celebration and play host to festivities all their own. In addition, you're only a short trot away from classic attractions like Planet Hollywood and the Miracle Mile. Top all of that off with fireworks at the stroke of midnight for a breathtaking vacation experience!
- Elara, A Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Studio to 4 bedroom units from $1,995.
- Marriott's Grand Chateau - Studio to 3 bedroom units from $895.
- The Villas at Polo Towers - Studio and 2 bedroom units from $1,400.
- Wyndham Grand Desert - 1 and 2 bedroom units from $999.
Maybe a glitzy, city-bound New Year's isn't your thing - how about the snow-capped peaks of Breckenridge? Skiing is prime in January, and just because you have a taste for a cozier holiday doesn't mean there are no festivities to be had! Come 6:00 PM, the new year celebration is just getting kicked off with a stunning torchlight parade down the famed Peak 9. This is followed up with a brilliant fireworks display over the Tenmile Range that will leave you breathless.
- Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge - Studio and 1 bedroom units from $1,575.
- Grand Timber Lodge - 2 bedroom units from $2,675,
- Valdoro Mountain Lodge - 1 and 3 bedroom units from $4,500
This year, why not take your New Year's celebration to the beach? While almost everyone back home is fighting the chill, you'll be enjoying Mexico's warmth while some of area's best destination resorts keep the New Year's spirit alive and well. With exclusive activities and decorations that add a whole new level of life to the party atmosphere, you'll be ringing in the new year in style!
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa - Studio units from $1,000.
- Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya - 2 bedroom units from $3,500.
- Mayan Palace Riviera Maya - 1 and 2 bedroom units from $700.
Orlando is a perennial favorite, and there's no doubt that this Floridian hotspot gets even better when January 1st rolls around. The Orlando theme parks in the area often have unique New Year's-themed programs and attractions, and the spirit carries over into the resorts with activities that are great for the whole family!
*TIP* Remember, if you're seeking a fantastic kick off to 2014 away from home, you can always ask owners with New Year's weeks what makes the experience so memorable if you're looking into their week. Owners on RedWeek usually are, first and foremost, vacationers just like you and they're often very familiar with the best features of their given resort and region.
Please note: All prices and availability were confirmed as of December 6, 2013.
This is just a small sampling of the many amazing vacation spots for your New Year's holiday! Let us know if you have a favorite destination to bring in 2014!