1. Home away from home – after four or more hours on the road or in the air, there’s just no way to describe how it feels when you walk into a spacious villa.
2. A place for everything – I’m a bit of a neat freak but I find that it’s much less stressful to unpack, put everything away, and move around without constantly tripping over STUFF.
3. Ugly coffee – before I put on make-up and tame the bed head, I enjoy a brewed cup of my favorite coffee on the balcony…best mornings ever!
4. Dine-in option – after three or four days of restaurants, I prefer a home-cooked meal around the table in the villa (you can’t do that in a hotel room!).
5. Selective eaters – I won’t call my son fussy but if I didn't have a fridge to stock with his healthy favorites, his vacation diet would be limited to chicken fingers and fries.
6. Making memories – friends gathered in the kitchen and around the dining table, margs in the blender, a breeze coming in through the patio doors, good tunes…that's what vacations are all about!
7. Poolside refreshments – most timeshare resorts offer snacks and bevies around the pool, which is a great option, but your dollar goes a lot further when you pack a cooler of goodies from your villa.
8. Two TVs – after a great day out and about, a little down time that doesn't include SpongeBob SquarePants is nice.
9. Money, money, money – there's just no beating the value of a timeshare rental when you consider meal savings and the free resort amenities and activities.
10. Separate bedroom – enough said :)
BOTTOM LINE: You get more for your vacation dollar in a timeshare resort. I’ve booked Marriott and Wyndham villas (one- and two-bedroom units) for my family and our friends in Wisconsin Dells, Orlando, Palm Springs, and Las Vegas – and we've never been disappointed. My RedWeek membership has paid for itself many times over!
This blog post was submitted by Cindy, a frequent traveler and happy RedWeek member out of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Want to submit your own perspective? Post a comment below and we'll get you the details!