timeshare rental check out one of these May events:
1. Kentucky Derby (May 3): Since 1875 the Kentucky Derby has raced three-year-old Thoroughbreds at their famous track in Louisville. The race is one and a quarter mile long at the well-known Churchill Downs track (pictured) where jockey’s run their horses through a fast two-minute race in hopes of wearing roses. Don your best threads, top it off with a derby hat, and place your best bets.
Web: Kentucky Derby
Location: Louisville, KY
2. South Carolina Strawberry Festival (May 2- May 3): Just a 15-minute drive south of Charlotte is the South Carolina Strawberry Festival in Fort Mill, SC. The festival features live entertainment, a Strawberry Jam, rides for kids and of course strawberry pie. Last year the festival welcomed 40,000 visitors! There’s even a firework show on Saturday night.
Web: South Carolina Strawberry Festival
Location: Fort Mill, SC
3. Austin Restaurant Week (May 11- May 14 and May 18 - May 21): This two-week culinary affair is part of Austin’s Restaurant Week. Enjoy affordable two-course meals, brunches, lunches, and even three-course dinners around town. And every Austin Restaurant Week meal donates $2 directly to the Meals on Wheels program. A win-win for everyone involved.
Web: Austin Restaurant Week
Location: Austin, TX
4. San Francisco Bay to Breakers (May 18): This San Francisco 12K footrace attracts over 50,000 runners and walkers. And even more spectators. Participants wear wild and colorful costumes and race through city streets and climb up famed Hayes Street hill for a chance to party and mingle at the finish line near Golden Gate Park. Insider tip: This is the best people watching event in Cali.
Web: Bay to Breakers
Location: San Francisco, CA
5. Chicago Memorial Day Parade (May 24): Chicago’s Memorial Day Parade is one of the largest in the nation and the city has put on this parade since 1870. The parade starts at noon on State St. from Lake to Van Buren and highlights marching bands, drum and bugle corps, veteran’s groups, and active duty military. Just before the parade there is a wreath laying ceremony at 11:00 am at the Eternal Flame on Daley Plaza (Dearborn and Washington Streets).
Web: Chicago Memorial Day Parade
Location: Chicago, IL
Discover timeshares around the United States.
Photo: Churchill Downs