The Midwest has always been a little more barren when it comes to vacation destinations. While you won't find any sunny beaches in the country's heartland, there's quite the abundance of breathtaking forests, lakes and hills for the more adventurous vacationer.
- Branson, Missouri is packed with family-friendly entertainment and is a perfect getaway for those to looking to get in some quality hiking, fishing and boating.
- Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin holds the title "The Waterpark Capital of World" and for good reason! The waterparks of Wisconsin Dells are legendary, but there's plenty of other fun to be had, including the local favorite DUCK boat tours.
From quaint seaside villages to big cities, there's a bit of everything in the Northeast. Be it family-friendly fun, a vibrant nightlife or a more quiet, classic retreat, our Northeastern picks encompass all that made this region legendary.
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts embodies all the nautical charm of the Atlantic coast. Sailing is a definite must on the cape, as well as whale watching. If seafood if your weakness, be prepared for a plethora of local options!
- Atlantic City, New Jersey mixes classic beach fun with a fun-filled nightlife once the sun goes down. Families will love strolling the Boardwalk, and once all the kids are in bed, there's plenty of casinos, clubs and dining options to keep you busy.
- Hershey, Pennsylvania is often overlooked, but you're bound to stay busy at The Sweetest Place on Earth! Hersheypark and ZooAmerica are prime attractions, but there's also spas, golfing and Hershey Gardens to explore for a more relaxed getaway.
Vacation in the southeast is all about long days with the sun on your skin and, above all, relaxation. While beaches are an eternal favorite, there's much more in the southeast, including no shortage of lakes, mountains and forest.
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina has long been a favorite destination for travelers across the country. It's not hard to see why - the beach itself is breathtaking, with shopping, dining and family activities abound!
- McGaheysville, Virginia is nestled just south of Massanutten mountain range and right alongside the Shenandoah River. Skiing, rafting, kayaking and hiking are popular activities in this beautiful town.
- Virginia Beach, Virginia is a fantastic choice if you're looking for a slightly quieter alternative to Myrtle Beach. While still lively, there's also a focus on local history and periodic festivals. Be sure to try stand-up paddle boarding - it's one of Virginia Beach's favorite pastimes!
The Northwest is home to perhaps some of the most diverse culture and with that, some of the most diverse vacation options imaginable. From the Pacific coast to mountain retreats, there's a little something for everyone.
- Napa, California is an absolute dream for dining and wine aficionados. Napa's hot air balloon tours are also an unforgettable experience.
- Lake Chelan, Washington brings all the charm of a northwestern small-town charm to visitors. Sample local wine and foods, and enjoy some boating, camping and cycling right alongside the lake.
- Whistler, British Columbia is a fantastic vacation pick for Americans and Canadians alike. While mostly regarded as a top-class ski destination, Whistler is packed full of warm-weather fun as well; think gondola rides, ziplining and whitewater rafting!
Like it's northern counterpart, the Southwest is full of scenic diversity. While many might make the assumption the Southwest is one big desert, inhabitants know better. From beaches to mountains, canyons to forests, the Southwest has long been home an array of vacation options.
- Scottsdale, Arizona is the quintessential desert retreat, a golfer's paradise and a bastion of arts and culture. If there's one must-do activity, we recommend a desert tour by foot, open-air Jeep or hot air ballon!
- Lake Tahoe, Nevada/California is not only split between two states, but is largely divided into Tahoe North and Tahoe South. While fairly similar, Tahoe North has a larger focus on ski culture while Tahoe South advertises its mix of exciting nightlife as well as outdoor recreation.
- Carlsbad, California is all about the beach! One of the top family beach locations, Carlsbad also provides access to family-friendly favorites like Legoland, SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo!