Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion Holiday has become one of the most popular ways to celebrate Halloween. What is normally a spooky enough ride to begin with is transformed into a real Halloween trick when Jack Skellington comes to town. Give yourself a treat and take a timeshare rental vacation to Disneyland for Halloween.
Celebrating its 10th year at Disneyland Resort, Haunted Mansion Holiday is a collision of Halloween and Christmas as only Tim Burton and his Jack Skellington crew can envision with their “Nightmare Before Christmas” theme.
The Disney Park Blog has listed some fascinating facts that you might not know about the transformation that the venerable old Haunted Mansion undergoes at Halloween Time:
- More than 400 flickering candles and 100 Jack-O-Lanterns create a ghostly glow on the façade of the Haunted Mansion.
- Jack’s faithful dog Zero has gathered more than 200 bones to use as décor, garland, and presents.
- More than two dozen additional animated figures “materialize” inside the Haunted Mansion during Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- Imagineer Kim Irvine, daughter of the original Madame Leota, makes a special spirited performance as the Haunted Mansion’s favorite psychic during Haunted Mansion Holiday. Leota Toombs, Disney Legend and long-time Imagineer, gave life to the head that for decades has floated inside the Haunted Mansion’s Crystal Ball in the Séance Room.
- Every year, a new ghoulish concept is created and Resort Foods bakes up a brand new Gingerbread House for the celebration scene in the Mansion’s Grand Hall.
Speaking of that Gingerbread House, Cast Members from teams such as Operations, Engineering, Creative Development, and Food and Beverage all work together to bring this spooky but tasty creation to life.
Watch this video to learn how they do it, and what they do to mark their special reunion each year.
Anaheim Timeshare rentals this Fall start at just $67/night.
Photo Credit: heller.com
Video Credit: http://www.disneyparks.disney.go.com