However, not all all-inclusive resorts are the same. Prices, plans and activities will all vary by resort. Some resorts offer tiered options - each level offers more and more perks, at a higher rate. Other all-inclusive resorts offer varying plans based upon the unit you'll be staying in, where a more lavish room equates to a better plan. It's also vital to be aware of how the resort you're looking into handles the payment of the all-inclusive plan. On RedWeek, owners generally do not bundle the all-inclusive fee into their rental price, since the overall cost of the all-inclusive plan is based on the number of guests. More often, a credit card is taken at the beginning of your stay and the charge for the plan is processed on check-out day. If you plan on staying at one of these resorts, make sure you find out whether the all-inclusive plan is mandatory or optional – this will vary based on the individual resort, and who you rent it from.
Check out a few of our members’ favorite all-inclusive timeshare resorts:
The Royal resorts’ recent change to an all-inclusive format was met with mixed opinions. While the all-inclusive plan is optional when renting from an owner, it is mandatory when booking directly through the resort. Titled the REFINE package, this all-inclusive program offers guests access to the bulk of the Royal Sands' amenities and dining options. What's included?
- Access to all restaurants and bars on property, buffet breakfast and lunch, a la carte lunch and dinner (premium dishes include a surcharge)
- Snacks served twice daily
- Selection of national and international beers, cocktails, house wines, liquors, liqueurs as well as non-alcoholic beverages (premium drinks include a surcharge)
- Beach and pool food and drink service
- Fully stocked minibar
- Access to on-site pools, children's pool and lighted tennis courts
- Sports desk for use of beach towels, snorkeling gear, sailboats, bicycles and golf clubs
- Fitness center and beach sports, including beach volleyball and beach soccer
- Daily resort-based activities and nightly entertainment
- Kids' Club for children ages four to twelve
- All taxes and tips
To make their stay even more exciting, guests can upgrade to the REFINE Special package. The Special packages offer day spa services and guided outings to local attractions. The REFINE daily rates do vary by owner status, season and length of stay although the average tends to be about $70-$90 per day for each adult. Children under the age of twelve and teenagers from thirteen to seventeen also receive reduced rates for the all-inclusive plan, and there is no charge for children under three. For the most accurate price for your stay, be sure to check directly with the owner.
Pueblo Bonito Rose is a perennial favorite among RedWeek members. With a classic Spanish theme that emphasizes European luxury, it's only fitting this Cabo San Lucas getaway embraces an equally lavish all-inclusive plan. Dining, activities, fitness options and access to Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos dining options all come together to compose the perfect all-inclusive plan to complement your vacation. Here's what's included:
- Housekeeping twice daily
- Dining at all restaurants and bars on-site as well as at sister resort Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos
- Wide variety of cocktail and beverage options (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Private access to El Medano Beach
- Fitness center featuring a variety of exercise classes
- Access to pool and pool/beach activities
- Daily activities including options like ping-pong, tennis and Spanish lessons
- Exclusive themed dining nights at the Mare Nostrum restaurant
Much like The Royal Sands, Pueblo Bonito Rose offers a number of additional plan options for an extra fee: spa packages, family packages and couples packages. Standard daily all-inclusive rates do vary, although guests can anticipate $80-$100 per adult, per day with occasional promotions such as buy five days and receive two days free. Of course, it's always best to get current prices from the owner prior to arranging your rental.
A more modern approach to all-incluive plans involves implementing a base plan as well as range of add-on benefits to customize your vacation. This method is employed by Cabo San Lucas' Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa. Villa del Arco offers a solid, non-mandatory base all-inclusive plan with plenty of optional additions to create an unforgettable experience. Their base plan includes:
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks at all of the resort's restaurants and bars
- Fully stocked minibar
- Premium wines and various drinks by the glass
- Nightly entertainment including theme nights and live music
- Water sports equipment such as kayaks, paddle boards and boogie boards
- Fitness center and tennis courts
- Daily activities for adults and children such as volleyball, pool games, dancing lessons and Spanish lessons
- All taxes and tips
The Best Value package is the "base" plan and the most affordable. From there, Villa del Arco also offers Family Experience, Los Cabos Experience, Romantic Getaway and Spa Indulgence packages, each with various perks that emphasize the nature of each plan. The base daily rate for adults is approximately $100 per day. There is no charge for children under four, and children ages four to twelve are eligible for a reduced rate. As always, you'll want to directly contact the owner in order to learn how to book a more extravagant plan as well as obtain up-to-date rates based on the particular rental you're looking at.
We've only scratched the surface of what a few all-inclusive resorts have to offer. There are dozens more out there, each with their own plans in place to help make your vacation as convenient and worry-free as possible. Check out the all-inclusive section on RedWeek.com to browse through some other fantastic resort options with all-inclusive plans!