As the summer season ends you can still sneak in some late summer fun at one of these August events. If you are renting a timeshare in the area check out these events:
1. Chicago Lollapalooza (August 1-3): Did you know this event started out as a traveling
farewell to the band Jane's Addiction? Well now Chicago's Grant Park hosts Lollapalooza
for a rollicking and muscial good time. Love food? Chow Town (food market) will be on
hand and so will Green Street (the eco-centre) and for the little ones they can enjoy
Web: Chicago Lollapalooza
2. The Rhode Island International Film Festival (August 5-10): Providence, RI plays host
to this film festival where directors, writers, and movie buffs (like you) can hang out
together and rub elbows. Or you can go enjoy the shows and discover new voices in
Web: The Rhode Island International Film Festival
3. Made in Hawaii Festival (August 15-17): Head to Honolulu for the Made in Hawaii
Festival. On display: arts, crafts, foods, books, gifts, fashions, plants and even
cooking demos. You can call it your one-stop Christmas shop while you support
local Hawaiian-made goods.
Web: Made in Hawaii Festival
4. Rocky Mountain Folks Festival (August 15-17): If you are in the Lyons, CO area don't
miss the Rocky Mountain Folks Festival. Music is showcased on the main stage from
morning until 10 pm each night. Food is offered by local vendors at the event. Take a
blanket (the locals bring tarps) and enjoy the mellow sounds of Blue Grass in the Rocky
Mountains and watch your kids play in the sandy beach next to the stage.
Web: Rocky Mountain Folks Festival
5. Nevada Burning Man (August 25 - September 1): For this event you will be in the
middle-of-nowhere Nevada desert with over 50,000 eccentric people who travel to Burning
Man to build a temporary city before sending it all up in flames. Sound like fun? The
event is dedicated to community, art, and self-expression and involves a big party.
Web: Nevada Burning Man
Discover timeshares around the United States.
Photo Credit: Chicago Tribune